fashion + beauty + insider interviews + est 2006

Thursday, September 27, 2007

FASHION'S FIGHT AGAINST ANOREXIA

wow. (source: jezebel.com)

milan--blaynista's i'm sure you've seen this pic. it's a billboard that's been prominently displayed in milan during milan fashion week. the model (if i'm not mistaken) is isabelle caro, who says in italian vogue, "i've hidden myself and covered myself for too long. now i want to show myself f fearlessly even though i know my body arouses repugnance." but according to jezebel.com, the photo is actually inspiring anorexics to aspire for her look. wow. i don't really have a comment. i just wonder if this was the best way to get the point across......

3 comments:

Southern_Lady said...

Oh my God! People can't possibly think that's attractive!!

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your blog while I was googling at work... and I love it already! Your witty repartee and hip fashionista knowledge inspires me to embrace my inner fashionista within. Keep doing what you do, because you do it oh so divinely!

Anonymous said...

Technology truly is an inescapable aspect of our daily lives, and I am 99% certain that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further advances, the possibility of uploading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about all the time.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://kwstar88.livejournal.com/491.html]R4 SDHC[/url] DS Ting2)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin