fashion + beauty + insider interviews + est 2006

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

THE START OF A TREND: WHY DO I FEEL LIKE THIS BIKINI IS GOING TO SPAWN THOUSANDS OF COPYCATS


barbados - so why do i feel like next summer (if not, during the few remaining days of this one) teenaged beauties will be wearing mismatched binkini's on the beach? such is the power of rihanna. i've no doubt her stylist pulled this look for a super casual day, but in so doing she's changed the way a generation of women will be wearing bikini's. or am i being overly dramatic?


photo: dlisted.com

3 comments:

matt williams said...

I like mismatched sometimes. It works here. Matchie matchie looks like you tried to much.

Anonymous said...

I've always loved mismatched bikinis. Brazilian girls in Rio have been doing it for a while and I remember the Gap tried to promote the idea a few summers ago.

Elle Kay said...

I thought the same thing when I saw this and I think it looks great! I think it'll definitely catch on by next summer, I just hope people don't make it tacky... Her accessories definitely help to pull the look together.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin